Saturday, July 5, 2008

PSC Fair

Haiyo.. Today went for the PSC fair.. Wow lots of ppl i know, but i want to dao them. Lol!

Erm went to 'lunch' with Chongmin and his parents, was shocked that they actually went to food republic in wisma atria. They treated me to carrot cake, tea and eggs from toast box. After that, i bought chongmin and I noodles, lol.

Then met up with Simin, and DAMN THE RAIN omg.

Then finally reached there, and wow lots of ppl. Talks after talks after talks, I heard MAS, EDB, PSC (for damn long), HDB which is like damn useless, STB.

This sort of reshaped my future, and make me realize lots, and refine my career paths and goals in life.

1. I can end up doing what I thought I'd do.. What people think I'd do. Pursue a medical career as a doctor, defer from NS, take up NUS Medicine. Specialize in O&G, become an outstanding O&G-ist, deliver babies all day long.

Pros: Job security(sure have ppl give birth), still can interact with ppl, new ways to do things differently, rather high pay, got good gal friends for me to 'practice'.

Cons: Prob too long time studying, might not sustain my interest, might not earn me my first 1 million before 30, might become stony, rather waste of talent, too microscopic.

Add-ons: Prob after tt I might try to get into politics, or run a business together with friends, or invest in friend's business.


2. Well, pursue a scholarship in EDB/MAS/URA/HDB/STB one of the stat boards, progress up the board.

Pros: Job security, passion in what I do, get to meet people, recognition, for Singapore's future.

Cons: Quite low pay, might be too rigid for me, some have rather no future, like HDB and URA, dunno what courses to pursue, confirm cannot make my 1 million before 30, limited promotion.

Add-ons: Same, set up a business with friends.


3. Pursue PSC.

Pros: Wow factor, politics, job security, definitely created high mkt value for me, and the rest the same as 2.

Cons: Same as 2, may be rotated or thrown around the ministries, especially difficult to promote, and competing with the creme of the crop, I dun think I'm good enough. If i get a PSC Scholarship, I definitely will not be the top PSC Scholar, extreme competition and politics between people, high expectations.

Also, this whole scholarship thing, I dunno which course to pursue. Business? Econs? I realized, I hate being seen as the answer to everything, but the master, at nothing.

No comments: